Thursday 18 September 2008

All About Gaudi

Barcelona is known for its "Gaudi' architecture. Gaudi is actually the legendary Spanish architect. Born in Catalunya, he created many well known buildings and a sky-scrapper of Sagrada Familia
and his design must be without edges.

Some people said that he is crazy, some people said he is too much talented. In my personal opinion, he is great. He designed buildings with close adaptation to nature. I have not seen much of his creation. I only visited Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, the 2 famous casas in Barcelona, Casa Batllo and Casa Mila. Even tough I only have a thorough exploration of Parc Guell, it is amazing. Seriously amazing. It is difficult to describe so, here are pictures to see. And, seeing it first hand is never be the same by looking at pictures. It is highly recommend that for those who visiting Barcelona, visit at least the legendary Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell.

The Guard House at Parc Guell, from the carriage parking lot...


The dragon which is always mistakenly as lizards, the 'mascot' of Barcelona at Parc Guell

This is the runaway for American Next Top Model, whom the winner was CariDee. Unfortunately, I did not know where I saved a better shot. Also at Parc Guell.
One of the casa..
And the view to inside from roof top. I told ya, NO EDGES.
The legendary Sagrada Familia, completed but not yet complete. Addition is made from time to time to realised the blue print.

I have a lot of pictures of Gaudi's creation, inside and outside. But to upload here, can never match the experienced being at the place. I feel like transported to topsy turvy town, wonderland, looneytune town, all in once. So, what are you waiting for?

No comments: